TSMP1003 – SmartPlant 3D Structural Modeling
What will the course cover?
This course is for Structural Designers who will create structural models. The course features an introduction to the graphics environment followed by equipment & structural modeling techniques.
What are the major topics covered?
- Overview of common graphics environment
- Defining a working set
- SmartStep commands and user options
- Interactive interference checking
- Grid system
- Modeling members
- Managing connections
- Fireproofing members
- Modeling slabs, walls and openings
- Modeling stairs, ladders and handrails
- Modeling footings and equipment foundations
- Solid modeling
- Importing and exporting solids as SAT files
- Adding loads, releases, boundary conditions for structural analysis
- Creating mapping file for CIMSteel
- Creating CIMSteel file for structural analysis and physical model
Who should attend?
For people interested in creating 3D models for Structural disciplines.
What are the prerequisites for attending this course?
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows user interface
- Knowledge of 3D plant design CAD concepts
How long is the course?
This is a 5 day course held at Hexagon Capability Center India, Hyderabad